Friday, January 30, 2009

Holidays in India

There were only two things I did back home, eat and shop. That's pretty much all I did. I bought two very pretty salwar sets for my birthday at Naiha (things in India are becoming very expensive these days). I was hogging so much fast food, that I fell sick the second day (what else one can expect if a small person like me eats one whole pizza, ice cream, a north Indian meal, vada, coke and badam (almond) milk all in one day?). I got food poisoning. It was really bad and on top of it my wisdom tooth started to ache. So I had to get it extracted. I was put on a bland diet for a week. That was no fun. But it's home and all that is okay.

This time I had a very quiet birthday. I just went to the temple and then for a nice dinner with my family. It’s been 3 years since I finished college and yet all my friends wished me on my birthday. It felt really good. I always feel I'm gifted when it comes to family and friends.

Since I fell sick, all my holiday trips were cancelled. But I visited many temples in Trichy, Srirangam, Samayapuram, and Veeraganoor. I love going to temples.



This is a picture of my favorite elephant. Each time I go, I take picture of him (or her, I don’t know). I love elephants (now u know why I like temples).



This is the picture of our family deity Aayanaar in Veeraganoor. It’s a small village. My dad used to say that he is a very powerful god. We always make sure that we visit the temple at least once in 2 months. In the picture u can see many horses, people who come here offer these mud horses to God as a token of thanks. I still remember, when I was ten years old there were only 4 or 5 horses, now there are countless. All four sides of the temple are surrounded with horses.

I have some more pictures of other temples. Check them out here.

No comments: